This lemon cheesecake is divine, it’s the perfect dessert this holiday season or anytime of the year.♡
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whipped cream for garnish, optional
To make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes and then set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
To make filling:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for about 1 minute. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon rind. Mix until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and beat with a fork until mixed well. With the mixer on low, slowly pour the eggs into the cream cheese mixture and mix just until the eggs are incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and give it a few good stirs with a rubber spatula making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the crust and smooth the top. Give the pan a light tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Place cheesecake on a cookie sheet (the cookie sheet will catch any thing that might drip from the sprinfform pan) and put in the oven. Bake at at 325 degrees for 70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully spoon the sour cream layer on top and spread evenly (Cheesecake will be puffy and will most likely sink a little after you put this later on, that’s ok!) Put back in the oven and bake for 12 more minutes. Turn the oven off and crack the oven door open. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and spread lemon glaze on top without (do not remove it from the springform pan). Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or preferably overnight.
Sour Cream Layer:
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Set aside while cheesecake bakes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, carefully pour the sour cream mixture on top and gently spread it evenly on top of cheesecake. Bake another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on counter for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, but not completely chilled. Spread lemon glaze on top and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
To make the glaze:
- Blend all ingredients in a saucepan. Boil 3 mins, stirring constantly. Chill until cool and spread over cheesecake.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 85 minutes
- Category: Desserts