This Lemon Chicken Pasta is simple, delicious and one of the best comfort foods ever. A family favorite for years!
If I were to make the same meal, one night a week, every single week, my boys would hands down vote for this Lemon Chicken Pasta. They ask for it All. The. Time.
When I had my last baby 12 years ago, my friend brought us a chicken pasta dinner that we all went crazy over. It was sooo delicious. So I asked her for the recipe and it went something like this . . . “a little of this and a little of that, etc . . . .ugh!” She gives you recipes like my mom does! So I made up my own version and it was as good as hers!
I’ve been asked for the recipe countless times, and I hate to admit it, but I’ve been just like my friend and my mom and totally had to guesstimate because I’ve never really measured anything. Hence, the reason this recipe has never been posted. So to all my friends and family that have asked for this recipe, I’m happy to report that I actually measured out things this last time so I can give you a real recipe instead of a make believe one.Now it’s definitely not on the healthier side of things, which of course is why it’s so, so good. It’s also simple, delicious, and yeah, it’s pretty much the bomb.
We had a missionary serving in our stake for a full year and the first time I fixed dinner for him and his companion, this pasta is what I made. Every other time after that when I fed the missionaries, Elder Foster always requested this pasta. I made this for my son’s group of friends when they had dinner at our house the night of prom a couple years ago. It was a hit with every single teenager that night.
You just gotta try it.Print
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon pepper marinade(just store bought, use whatever brand you like)
- 4 cups dry pasta (bowtie or rigatoni is what I usually use)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4–5 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper (about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-n-half
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh basil
- Marinate chicken for a couple hours in lemon pepper marinade of your choice.
- Grill chicken breasts until no longer pink. Remove from grill and place on a plate and cover with foil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While water is boiling and pasta is cooking, in a large skillet melt butter with olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and lemon juice and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add salt and pepper, whipping cream and half-n-half. Stir until well combined.
- Add cooked pasta and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes until the pasta absorbs most of the cream mixture. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken to pasta mixture and mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Toss in fresh basil and serve immediately.
- Category: Pasta