- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract (*see note)
- 8 cups milk (I use whole or 2 %)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add ingredients right into the canister of your ice cream maker in the order listed, making sure you put the cream in last.
- Stir until well combined and freeze according to your ice cream freezer’s directions.
- The lemon flavor is not overpowering at all, in fact I think it’s perfect. But if you would like a stronger lemon flavor, add a little more lemon extract.
- Sometimes I halve this recipe if if I’m making it just for us. When I do that, I use my Cusinart Ice cream maker (rather than my ice cream freezer that uses ice and rock salt) and mix the ingredients in a large bowl and then pour it into the ice cream canister.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Desserts