These Lemon Raspberry Muffins are out of this world! Loaded with fresh raspberries and bursting with real lemon flavor, these are a must try for any lemon and raspberry lover! Better than any bakery muffin!
I wasn’t going to post these muffins until next week, but after tasting one, my friend Heather called me and insisted that I post these today, so here they are.
I am in love with these muffins, and I am pretty sure you will be too. They are probably the best muffins I have ever had, seriously they are. They are better than anything you could buy at a bakery. I finally made myself stop after eating three of these babies . . . I honestly could have eaten all 12 of them. Let me try and describe what you’ve got going on with these beauties . . . a sweet muffin with a hint of cinnamon, the sweetness of raspberries and hint of lemon, followed by a sweet cinnamony topping and then a sweet/tangy glaze drizzled on top . . .mmm, I think I might have to go eat another one.
Trust me when I tell you that you need to make these . . .I think one is calling my name right now.
Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and it set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg, melted butter, and buttermilk. Stir just until all ingredients are combined. Gently stir in the raspberries and 1 tsp lemon peel. Fill cups 3/4 full. Set aside.
- Combine, brown sugar, 1/4 flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp lemon peel. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork or use your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes and drizzle with glaze.
- with mixture of powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- I have made these with both frozen and fresh raspberries and I think they turned out much better using fresh. The frozen berries all kind of sunk to the bottom and were a little messy, so I would highly recommend using fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breads
Recipe Source: The Sisters Cafe (Thanks Melanie for posting this recipe, these muffins are out of this world!)
Lori West says
By far, one of the best muffins I have ever tasted!!!
These muffins are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!