These Lemon Sour Cream Muffins are soft, tender, and so delicious! Topped with a lemon glaze, they’re absolutely irresistible!
I really want it to be April so I’m sharing these Lemon Sour Cream Muffins today in hopes that Mother Nature gets the hint that I’m ready for sunshine and blue skies.
Spring can’t get here soon enough for me. What about you guys?
So while I’ve been freezing cold for the last two months I’ve done a lot of baking. That’s good and bad. Good for you guys, bad for all of our waistlines in this household.
I know I say this all the time, but I really could have eaten a dozen of them in one sitting. Because of that, I had my husband take a plate to our friends across the street. Before Rich could even leave their house, their 14-year old son Josh grabbed one, shoved it in his mouth and gave it two thumbs up.
These really are so good. They’re soft, tender, not too sweet and have just the perfect amount of lemon.
They’re nothing fancy, just a simple, delicious muffin.
A FEW TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THESE MUFFINS:
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest. Fresh lemon juice is so much better than the bottled stuff.
- Make sure you zest the lemons first, then cut them in half and juice them. Also, before you zest or cut them, lay each lemon on your counter and roll it back and forth, applying heavy pressure with the heel of your hand. This helps break down the lemon and make it easier to juice them.
- You can swap out the sour cream for plain yogurt if you want.
- I like to put the glaze in a small Ziploc bag and then snip the end off and drizzle it on the muffins.
You’re going to love these!Print
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly among muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are slightly golden brown on the edges. Let muffins cool slightly then drizzle with the glaze.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice and hot water. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over slightly cooled muffins.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Stop and Smell the Rosemary Cookbook