My house is really quiet right now and I’m not quite sure what to do with myself. My three youngest are all at camps until Wednesday, so it’s just been me at home the last couple days. I cleaned my house yesterday and it’s still clean and I haven’t had to do laundry since Monday. . . it’s a beautiful thing.
So while two of my boys are off running the river and the other one is earning merit badges in this blazing heat, I’m staying indoors where it’s nice and cool.
I’d love to be baking, but it hit 104 degrees on Monday and the last thing I wanted to do was turn my oven on. But that put me in a bit of a dilemma because I really wanted to make my Lemonhead Cookies. I probably could have made them and put the cookie sheet outside and let them bake in the sun because it’s been so stinkin’ hot. But, instead I decided to make Rice Krispie Treats because there is no oven required and I happen to love them.
Because thoughts of Lemonhead cookies were still running rampant through my mind, I turned my Rice Krispie Treats into Lemonhead Rice Krispie Treats. It was kind of a brilliant idea because they are really, really, good. If you are a lemon lover like me and if you love Rice Krispie Treats, then these are right up your alley.
Gooey (the only way to make Rice Krispie treats) and lemony, these little beauties will brighten up your day.Print
Delicious Rice Krispie treats packed with crushed lemonheads.
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pkg. ((10 oz) miniature marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup Lemonheads ((measure out, then crush))
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- Butter an 11×7 or 9×9 glass dish (depending on how thick you want them. I used an 11×7).
- Measure 1/2 cup Lemonheads then crush in a food processor or blender OR place in a heavy duty Ziploc bag and crush by pounding with a rolling pin.
- In a large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely marshmallows are almost melted. Remove from heat and stir in crushed Lemonheads. Add cereal and stir well.
- Press into prepared pan. Cool before cutting.
When you crush the Lemonheads, it doesn’t need to be a fine powder. Go ahead and leave some small pieces if you want a little bit of “lemon crunch”.
- Category: Brownies & Bars