This Loaded Chicken Nacho Soup is cheesy, comforting and so delicious. Fire-roasted tomatoes add a bit of a smokiness that makes this soup even more amazing. It’s like eating nachos in soup form.
- 1 tablesoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat add oil and onion. Cook until tender and golden, 6 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder and cayenne. Stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken and stir until combined. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer and let simmer 15 minutes, then stir in heavy cream and cheeses until melty.
- Garnish with sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, or any desired toppings.