If you love a cookie with a little bit of everything, then you’re going to love these Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies. Pretzels, cornflakes, toffee bits, chocolate chips and more chocolate chips. So much to love about this cookie!
I feel like it’s been a minute since I’ve posted a new cookie recipe which is so unlike me. So today I present you with these Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They’re ridiculously good.
I think you’re going to love them as much as I do.
♡What’s not to love?
- milk chocolate chips
- semisweet chocolate chips
- toffee bits
There is a little bit of everything going on in these cookies. . . sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy, buttery. Can a cookie get any better?
The dough comes together beautifully and there is no chilling required (yes, a huge bonus for all of you dough chilling haters out there😉). Speaking of the dough, it’s insanely good and if you love cookie dough like I do, consider yourself warned.
A few things about these cookies. . .
- I like to use about 2.5 to 3 oz of dough for these cookies. I get about 18 to 20 cookies. You can certainly make them bigger, using about 5 to 6 oz of dough. If you choose to make them bigger, you will obviously get a few less cookies and will need to increase the baking time by about 2 to 3 minutes.
- You can adjust the chocolate chips to your liking. I love a combination of semisweet and milk in my cookies. If you want to do more semisweet and less milk then go ahead or vice versa. I don’t recommend using all milk chocolate chips because it will make these cookies awfully sweet.
- Also, if you don’t love a ton of chocolate chips in your cookies, feel free to cut back on the amount. I happen to love lots of chocolate chips in my cookies.
- If the cookies spread too much after they come out of the oven, use the back of a spoon or a small spatula to push the edges back in. *I do this with any cookie recipe I make.
- If the cookies don’t flatten as much as you like, gently bang the cookie sheet on the counter a few times after the cookies come out of the oven.
- You can use regular toffee bits or chocolate covered toffee bits, either one will be ok.
Grab a glass of milk and one of these cookies and life will be good!Print
Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 18 to 20 cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter (I use salted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup cornflakes (no need to crush)
- 3/4 cup chocolate covered Heath toffee bits
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth, light in color and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the egg add vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, pretzels, cornflakes and toffee bits and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough balls (about 3 oz) and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Repeat this with all of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350° for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the cookie dough has spread and the edges are turning golden brown. Let cookies cool on the pan for about 2 to 3 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
Leave a Reply