- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I use freshly grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 ablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and oil.
- Add dry mixture, stirring just until moistened – don’t over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into the muffin tin (each should be about 3/4 full). Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes in muffin tins before removing to a cooling rack.
- Mini chocolate chips also work great in these muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins