- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Topping: ((optional))
- 2–3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine both flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and chocolate chips. Whisk together until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and applesauce. Mix well and pour into dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Add zucchini, stirring until just combined. **If desired, sprinkle top brown sugar and milk chocolate chips. (Totally optional, but highly recommended)
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
Feel free to leave the chocolate chips out of this if you’re not a fan or wanting it to be even healthier. I love adding just a few semi-sweet chocolate chips because I love the texture and flavor they add.
- Category: Breads