A peanut butter oatmeal cookie base topped with a layer of peanut butter and finished off with chocolate buttercream frosting. These are amazing!
These Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars will completely rock your world. They are so incredibly good it’s just ridiculous. I saw them months ago over at six sisters stuff and I finally got around to making them. As a matter of fact, I’ve made them twice now and am even more in love with them than the first time. I’m not sure what it is about them, but they are so delicious.
An oatmeal peanut butter cookie layer, followed by a layer of peanut butter and then chocolate frosting . . . .ooohhh my! These are so simple to make, absolutely fabulous and make a lot (which could be a good thing or a bad thing).Print
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (, firmly packed)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter ((divided))
- 2 cups oatmeal ((not quick))
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- My favorite Chocolate Frosting:
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk ((or half-n-half) (or a little more depending on the consistency you want))
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cream first butter and sugars together. Add the vanilla, eggs, and 1 cup peanut butter and combine. Add the oatmeal, flour, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Spread dough on a greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1″). Make at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- While hot spread the other 1 1/2 cups peanut butter on top. Drop all over top by little spoonfuls. It will soften (melt) and make it easier to spread. Then let cool so that the peanut butter has become solid again
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting and cut into bars.
- To make my frosting, just combined all ingredients and mix until smooth.
Recipe Source: Six Sisters Stuff