- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest, stirring well to make sure sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let it continue to cook at a low boil for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Let sit for 20 minutes, undisturbed.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or another container for easy pouring.
- Pour into 4 to 6 small dishes or ramekins. Chill for several hours or overnight. Top with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Category: Desserts