- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups bananas sliced
- 1 box (12 oz) box Nilla Wafers
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the sweetened condensed milk and cold water together until combined. Add the pudding mix and beat until thoroughly mixed in, about 2 minutes. Cover pudding and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (I always do overnight) so it can can thicken and set up.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks from. Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until there are no more pudding streaks.
- To assemble dessert, arrange 1/3 of the Nilla wafers to cover the bottom, overlapping if necessary. Next, layer 1/3 of the bananas, and 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers two more times, garnishing with additional wafers or wafer crumbs on the top layer. Cover tightly and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place the assembled dessert in the fridge for 4-8 hours. Top with additional bananas and Nilla wafers just before serving, if desired.
- Sometimes I will add a couple tablespoons of banana pudding mix along with the box of vanilla pudding, just to add a hint more banana flavor.
- If you use individual dishes, depending on the size you use, you may only need two layers. I did two layers in the dishes I used, but probably could have made them bigger and done three layers. Adjust the amounts you use in each layer according to the size dishes you use. This also can be made in a 9×13 glass dish if you don’t have a trifle dish or bowl that will work.
- Prep Time: 10 mins