Do you ever do something stupid and then not have any recollection of it? Happens to me all the time. For example, the other day I went to get the dish soap out from under my kitchen sink. When I opened the cupboard I found my big container of chocolate chips . . .I couldn’t blame it on anyone but me. One morning I went to put my blender bottle away and found the container of Almond milk in the cupboard instead of the fridge. . . again, it was me. Stupid thing is, I don’t remember doing it. Please tell me some of you can relate.
Do you ever have days where things just don’t go right in the kitchen? I do. Yesterday was one of them. The cookies I wanted to post didn’t quite turn out, so you’re getting these instead. Funny thing is, these cookies actually were an epic fail the first tine I made them. Note to self, don’t ever leave out baking soda when you’re making cookies. Turns out it’s a pretty important ingredient. These malted chocolate chip whopper cookies turned out much better the second time around . . . again, don’t forget the baking soda.
In case you haven’t been able to figure it out, I love cookies. I make them at least four or five times a week. I don’t think my son Zach and his friends would know what to do if they came home after school and there were no “new” cookies for the day.
You can never have too many cookie recipes in your arsenal of cookie recipes so here is another fabulous one today. I found these a few weeks ago over at two peas & their pod. Maria is the queen of cookies and I love all of her recipes. These malted chocolate chip whopper cookies are yummy. Even my non-whoppper loving son Zach liked them. The flavor of the malted milk powder gives these cookies such a great flavor and paired with chopped malted milk balls and chocolate chips . . . so delicious.Print
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (, at room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Whoppers candies ((or any malted milk balls))
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, malted milk powder, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and malted milk balls. Scoop the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: Two Peas & their Pod