These Marinated Flank Steak Tacos are incredibly delicious. Topped with fresh pico de gallo for even more yummy flavor. They are perfect for a simple weeknight dinner.
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about simple, quick and delicious weeknight dinners that don’t require me spending hours in the kitchen. I’m always on the hunt for recipes that fit that bill. The easier, the better! These Marinated Flank Steak Tacos with fresh Pico were a smashing success the other night and completely fall into the easy peasy category.
They were amazing! Simple, quick and so, so good. These are quick to cook up and simple to assemble, buuut you do have to marinate the meat for several hours, so just make sure you plan ahead. I marinated mine overnight which made the flavor even more amazing, but if your little brain is anything like mine and you forget to get it ready the night before, it’s not the end of the world. Just get it marinating as soon as you remember.
My boys were crazy about these. Which is no surprise because we kind of have a thing for tacos at our house. The only thing they said would make them even better, was some homemade Cafe Rio dressing. I think I have to totally agree because Cafe Rio dressing makes everything better.
The great thing about these tacos is you can grill them outside (which is what I did) or you can just cook them on the stovetop in a skillet. Do whatever works easiest/best for you.Print
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 pkg. McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime seasoning ((or 3 Tbsp. if you have the large container of it))
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Corn or flour tortillas
Pico de Gallo:
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (or more if you like onion)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2–3 to tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (or more if you’d like)
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, water, vinegar, and seasoning packet. Pour into a Ziplock bag and add the flank steak and toss with marinade until fully coated. Seal it up and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (the longer the better!).
- Remove marinated flank steak from refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grill flank steak over medium-high about 6-9 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the meat and depending how rare or well-done you want the meat. (Or you could heat a large skillet, add about 1-2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat and sear the flank steak by cooking the same amount of time).
- When the steak is done, transfer it to a large plate or cutting board and cover it with foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the tacos, slice steak thinly against the grain and place in warm corn tortillas. Top with some fresh pico de gallo.
- To make the pico de gallo: Combine onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and chopped cilantro in a small bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice and gently toss. Add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
*You can buy the Grill Mates Mojito Lime in packets in the grocery store or you can buy a big container of it at Costco which is what I have because we love it and I use it all the time.
I didn’t really measure when I made my pico, so this is just a guestimate of what I did. Feel free to add more onion or jalapeno or whatever you’d like.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven