This sandwich rocks!
I could make these weekly and my boys would worship the ground I walk on. When they ask what’s for dinner and I tell them “Marlboro Man Sandwiches” you should hear the responses I get, they go something like: “YES! I love those sandwiches!!!” “OOOHH those sandwiches are the best!”, etc.
My boys have requested these for their birthday dinners . . .they absolutely love these sandwiches and so do I. They are probably one of our favorite sandwiches of all time.
These are so delicious and quick and simple to make.Print
- 1 large onion
- Butter, (lots of it)
- 2 to 3 pounds cube steak
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt ((or Similar Seasoned Salt))
- Lemon pepper
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
- 4 whole French/deli Rolls
- Sliced provolone or mozzarella ((optional))
- Slice onions. Melt 1/4 stick of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain into 1-inch strips. Season with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown (takes just about a minute or so), then flip and cook other side until brown. Repeat until all the meat is cooked.
- Return all the meat to the skilled and add the cooked onion. Pour in several dashes of Worcestershire sauce (I use at least 3 Tbsp.), several dashes of Tabasco, and 2 more tablespoons butter. Simmer over low heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!
Thank you Pioneer Woman, when I grow up I want to be you!
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks