This Marlboro Man Sandwich might be hands down, the best sandwich to ever come out of my kitchen. Loaded with sautéed onions, tons of butter, seasoning salt and melted cheese on top, it’s seriously to die for.
This Marlboro Man Sandwich rocks! It has completely won us over and might just be our most favorite sandwich to date.
If you’re on a diet, or not a fan of butter, then you might want to steer clear of these, but I highly recommend you don’t! In fact, I recommend you make these ASAP!
I could make these weekly and my boys would worship the ground I walk on. When they ask what’s for dinner and I tell them “Marlboro Man Sandwiches” you should hear the responses I get, they go something like: “YES! I love those sandwiches!!!” “OOOHH those sandwiches are the best!”, etc.
My boys have requested these for their birthday dinners . . .they absolutely love these sandwiches and so do I. They are probably one of our favorite sandwiches of all time.
These are so delicious and quick and simple to make.Print
- 1 large onion
- 1 to 1/2 sticks butter (8 to 12 tablespoons)
- 2 to 3 pounds cube steak
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, or similar seasoning salt
- Lemon pepper
- Black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce, to taste
- 4 to 5 whole French/deli rolls
- Sliced provolone or mozzarella (optional)
- Slice onions. Melt 1/4 stick of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain into 1-inch strips. Season with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown (takes just about a minute or so), then flip and cook other side until brown. Repeat until all the meat is cooked.
- Return all the meat to the skilled and add the cooked onion. Pour in several dashes of Worcestershire sauce (about 1/3 cup or a little more, several dashes of Tabasco, and 2 more tablespoons butter. Simmer over low heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!
- Category: Sandwiches/Burgers/Wraps
Thank you Pioneer Woman, when I grow up I want to be you!
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks