- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar *
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan, set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and cocoa together. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the marshmallows evenly on top. Put back in oven and bake 3 to 5 more minutes or until marshmallow are puffy.
- Remove from oven let cool completely.
- Once brownies are cooled, make the frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Let cool and add cocoa, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Mix until combined and smooth. Spread frosting over the cooled brownies.
- I usually start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and then add more if needed to get the desired consistency. I usually end up using 3 1/2 cups and then add an extra splash of evaporated milk if needed.
- I have also made this with 1/4 cup of butter and it’s still delicious. So if you’re wanting to cut out a little butter, then feel free to.
- If you’re feeling slightly lazy, it’s ok to not melt the butter. I have made this frosting plenty of times using softened butter . . . just a little tidbit for ya.