If you love chopped salads then you’re going to love this Mediterranean Chopped Salad. It’s full of delicious ingredients, it’s fresh, healthy and tastes amazing. It’s the perfect salad for any meal!
(Originally published March 15, 2021)
I absolutely love a good chopped salad. What about you? There is just something about them that I love. I mean, I know they’re not chocolate chip cookies or anything, but when salads are as good as this one is, then I’m totally on board. This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is one of the best chopped salads I’ve ever had.
Maybe I love chopped salads so much because with everything being cut into small pieces, they’re easy to eat and you get a bit of everything in every bite.
This salad really strikes a perfect balance. It’s got protein and substance from the chickpeas and crunch and texture from the veggies. It’s loaded with with simple vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions mixed with chickpeas, feta cheese and Kalamata olives and tossed in a simple dressing. It’s light, refreshing and so good for you.
HERE’S THE LINE UP OF SIMPLE SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- Lettuce. Romaine is the perfect lettuce to use for this because it’s crispy and hearty.
- Cucumber. You can use any cucumber you like, but I like to use English cucumbers because they have tiny seeds and the skin usually isn’t bitter. If you use a regular cucumber you will want to take the seeds out and peel it.
- Tomatoes. Cherry or grape tomatoes work perfectly for this salad.
- Red onions. I chop mine pretty small so they blend into the salad well and aren’t so overpowering. If you’re not a fan of onions, feel free to leave them off or add just a few.
- Chickpeas. Canned chickpeas work perfectly. Be sure and rinse them.
- Kalamata olives. These are the perfect olive for this salad. I love how salty they are. I know some people don’t love them, so feel free to use black olives if you prefer those or just leave them out.
- Feta cheese. Adds amazing flavor and a bit of creaminess.
The salad dressing is delicious and simple. Just three ingredients . . . vinegar, garlic and oil. You whisk them together and pour them over the ingredients and toss. It’s pretty dang easy.
This salad is the perfect salad to serve along with any meal, but one of my favorite meals to serve it with is my Greek Chicken Souvlaki . . . honestly it might be one of my favorite meals ever.
MAKE IT A MAIN DISH . .
You could easily add some grilled chopped chicken to this salad and you’ve got a delicious, well-rounded meal. Serve it with warm pita bread or some delicious crusty bread and your dinner is complete.
You’re going to love this one!Print
Recipe Source: America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook