On the eleventh day of sugar my true love gave to me . . . . Meltaways
Oh how I LOVE these cookies.
These cookies have been one of my family’s favorites for as long as I can remember.
They are a must-have at Christmas time, and like the homemade caramels, I don’t remember a Christmas without them. When my grandma would bring out her “tins of treats”, these meltaways usually had their own tin because she would make so many. They always got devoured.
These are such a great cookie to make for a cookie exchange. Not only do they look so dang cute, but they taste fabulous. They just melt in your mouth. You will definitely be the hero at your cookie exchange if you take these cookies :).Print
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (, softened)
- Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until blended and forms into a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball).
- Place onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until bottom edges barely begin to turn golden brown.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.