- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mesquite-flavored liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl or pyrex measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade in. Seal the bag and squish the chicken and marinade around. Let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or up to 24 hours (the longer the better)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and put on a plate and cover it with foil for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Slice it up and enjoy it.