- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- 1 can ( 8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) green chiles
- 1 15–oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup minute rice (brown or white)
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- In a large skillet add ground beef, minced garlic and onion powder cook over medium high heat, breaking up the ground beef. When meat is partially cooked, add bell pepper and continue cooking until meat is fully cooked.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, green chiles, and black beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add in the minute rice and beef broth. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once meat mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice has softened and absorbed the majority of the liquid.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of skillet and either cover with the lid to melt the cheese or put it in the over at 350ºF for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips or any of the ways suggested!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 mins