- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (I use Simply Potatoes)
- 2 cans (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 cup salsa (use your favorite)
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain again grease and set aside.
- Spread the hash browns evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Next spread the green chilies, followed by the salsa, the sausage and finally the cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over the layered ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, until eggs are set in center, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. If desired, serve with warm tortillas, sour cream and additional salsa.
- Category: Breakfast