If you want to twist up the old burger routine this summer, then look no further. These Mexican Burgers are going to knock your taste buds off in the most mouthwatering way.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the yummy burgers, chicken, steak, etc. that we love to cook on the grill. I absolutely love a good burger cooked on the grill.
I made these for dinner the other night and they were a smashing hit! We absolutely loved them! I can’t wait to make them again.Print
- 1 avocado (, pitted, peeled and diced)
- 1 plum tomato
- 2 green onions (, chopped)
- 1 to 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg (, beaten)
- 1 cup nacho-flavored tortilla chips (, crushed (I used Doritos))
- 1/4 cup cilantro (, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/ 1/4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 5 hamburgers buns (, split)
- Mix together avocado, tomato, onions and lime juice. Mash slightly and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, egg, chips and seasonings in a large bowl. Form into 5 patties; grill over medium-high heat to desired doneness, turning to cook on both sides.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers the last few minutes of cooking so cheese melts.
- Serve on buns, spread with avocado mixture.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Homestyle Family Favorites
Kami Tressler says
So yummy! We loved these!
Thanks Kami, glad you loved them!
Jennifer Moss says
These were such a great change from the traditional hamburger. I LOVE it when you post easy meals and especially when everyone loves it!!