- 1 avocado (, pitted, peeled and diced)
- 1 plum tomato
- 2 green onions (, chopped)
- 1 to 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg (, beaten)
- 1 cup nacho-flavored tortilla chips (, crushed (I used Doritos))
- 1/4 cup cilantro (, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/ 1/4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 5 hamburgers buns (, split)
- Mix together avocado, tomato, onions and lime juice. Mash slightly and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, egg, chips and seasonings in a large bowl. Form into 5 patties; grill over medium-high heat to desired doneness, turning to cook on both sides.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers the last few minutes of cooking so cheese melts.
- Serve on buns, spread with avocado mixture.
- Category: Main Dishes