This soup is absolutely delicious!
Quick, simple, hearty and completely scrumptious!
I made it last week on a total whim and we devoured every. last. drop. which meant I was left with an empty pot and no picture. So I had not choice but to make it again. When my boys asked what was for dinner the other night I told them “that soup I made the other night.” Their responses went something like this: You mean that one that I chowed on and Oh yes, I loved that soup!
I was much smarter the second time around and doubled the recipe, which I highly recommend. This soup is just crazy good, I promise you.
I love using rotisserie chickens in soups because first off the chicken is so tender and second it’s so fast and convenient. It worked so well in this soup. You basically throw everything in a big pot and let it simmer . . . I’m pretty sure you can handle that.
The first night I made his I served it with some warm homemade whole wheat bread . . Mmmm! the second time around I served it with a delicious quick cheese bread that was out of this world. I will definitely be sharing that recipe soon. Add in a salad and you’ve got yourself an absolutely fabulous dinner!Print
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless (, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded Monterery Jack cheese
- 1 can ((14 3/4 oz) cream-style corn)
- 1 can ((4 oz) diced green chilies, undrained)
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, brown chicken, onion, garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add hot water, bouillon and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half, corn, cheese, chlies and Tabasco sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
I used a rotisserie chicken for this. I just sauteed the garlic and onion in the butter and then threw in my shredded rotisserie chicken. So easy and delicious.
Recipe Source: Favorites Cookbook