- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded Monterery Jack cheese
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, brown chicken, onion, garlic and 3 tablespoons of the butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half, creamed corn, cheese, chilies and tabasco sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Add last tablespoon of butter and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Soups/Chili