This Mexican Fiesta Biscuit Bake starts with canned biscuits and is topped with salsa, black beans and cheese. It’s a simple, quick and delicious meal.
Do you ever have those days where you don’t have a clue what you are going to fix for dinner, or where you had every intention of grabbing chicken, ground beef, a roast, etc., out of the freezer and forgot to?
If nothing like that ever happens to you, then I am totally and completely jealous because those kind of days happen to me quite often. So it’s on those days that I LOVE recipes like this Mexican Fiesta Biscuit Bake.
This is simple, quick, delicious, and something my boys will eat.Print
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 (16oz) jar salsa
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups grated colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/ 2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced olives
- Sour cream
- Extra salsa
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pour melted butter into a glass 9×13 pan, set aside.
- Cut biscuits into eighths. Place biscuit pieces in a large bowl, pour salsa into bowl and toss until all biscuits are evenly coated. Pour black beans in and stir until mixed in.
- Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with bell pepper, onions and olives.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges are a deep golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cook until cheese melts — only a couple of minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Pillsbury.com