If you love meals that you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner, then you’re going to love this Mexican Hash. This skillet meal is simple to make and unbelievably delicious.
- 5 to 6 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz chorizo
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 5 to 6 eggs, depending on the size of your skillet
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the oil, smoked paprika and cumin and toss until evenly coated. Place the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat your skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, breaking it apart until crumbly. Cook until it starts to brown, about 3 -5 minutes. Add the diced onion, red pepper and the diced jalapeño. Continue cooking until the onion becomes translucent (4-5 minutes).
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to pan and stir until everything is evenly mixed. Create 5 to 6 wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on how runny you prefer your eggs. Remove from the oven and drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top. Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve with sliced avocado.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American