These Homemade Microwave Caramels are soft, chewy and are one of the easiest candies you’ll make during the holidays. Super simple to make and completely foolproof.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl (I use my 8-cup glass pyrex measuring cup) Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and add corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and salt; mix until well combined.
- Return to microwave and cook mixture 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave and cook for 4 more minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Place in refrigerator until set, about 20 – 30 minutes. Cut into desired size pieces. Wrap in wax or plastic wrappers. (*I buy precut wrappers on Amazon.)
If you want a thicker caramel, you can actually pour these into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. You could also double this recipe and use a 9×9-in pan for thicker caramels or a 9×13 for a thinner caramel.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Candy