This million dollar chicken casserole is going to become your go-to casserole and your favorite weeknight dinner. It’s loaded with rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, cottage cheese and topped with buttery Ritz crackers. It’s stupidly good!
If you want to talk about simple weeknight dinners, let’s talk about this million dollar chicken casserole. It might not fall into any gourmet food category, or win any awards for looks and presentation, but it tastes amazing!
What is million dollar chicken casserole you ask?
Million dollar chicken casserole is a classic casserole with chicken in a creamy sauce that’s made of cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and spices. It’s topped with a layer of crushed buttery Ritz crackers and then tossed into the oven to bake.
Now all you cottage cheese haters, don’t turn your noses up and walk away just yet. I promise that you won’t even know there is cottage cheese in this casserole. It adds a creaminess to this casserole that makes it even better.
So many reasons to love this casserole:
- simple, basic, pantry-friendly ingredients.
- saucy, creamy and comforting
- uses rotisserie chicken (my fav)
- incredibly easy to make
I’m not really sure how you can go wrong with something that is gooey, creamy and topped with buttery Ritz crackers. This one is definitely a keeper.
You mix everything in one bowl and then scoop it into a baking dish. Sprinkle the buttery crushed crackers on top and throw in the oven. Super easy. Using a rotisserie chicken helps keeps this recipe quick to throw together.
What goes well with this casserole?
- a simple green salad
- crusty bread
- fresh fruit
- steamed green veggies like broccoli, green beans, asparagus, etc.
This million dollar chicken casserole is going to rise to the top of your comfort food favorites after just one bite! It really does make a perfect weeknight dinner after a hectic day.
Oh, and if you don’t have Ritz crackers feel free to use potato chips, corn flakes, pretzels or even panko bread crumbs.
Storing and freezing tips:
- How long will this last in the fridge? Store any leftovers in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Can I freeze this? Yes, you sure can. Store it in an air-tight container or tightly wrapped with plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil. This casserole will freeze really well and will last in the fridge for about 4 to 6 months.
This is a good one!!Print
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This million dollar chicken casserole is going to become your go-to casserole and your favorite weeknight dinner. It’s loaded with rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, cottage cheese and topped with buttery Ritz crackers. It’s stupidly good! ♡
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning (I use Zatarain’s)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 5 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 sleeve (about 32) Ritz crackers, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, garlic powder, blackened seasoning, onion powder and chopped parsley. Mix well.
Add the chicken and stir until combined. Pour into a 9×9 casserole dish.
In a separate medium bowl mix together the crushed Ritz crackers melted butter until combined. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
Bake uncovered until crackers are golden brown and edges are bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Allrecipes
Leave a Reply