- 18 Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (I use salted)
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips, see notes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Line a regular sized muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- Blend the Oreos in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. In a mixing bowl, mix together the Oreo crumbs and melbed butter until well combined.
- Divide evenly into each muffin cup. (I like to use a small scoop, like a melon ball scooper).
- Use the bottom of 1/4 cup measuring cup to press the crumbs down firmly into the pan.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time on low speed, mixing just until barely combined. Once both eggs have been added to the cheesecake batter, beat for only 30-60 seconds, on medium low speed until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Divide mixture evenly among each muffin cup (they will be full).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the center of the cheesecakes are only slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and place muffin tin on a cooling rack. Allow the cheesecakes to cool to room temperature while still in the muffin tins. Place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill (overnight is best) before serving.
- Top with chocolate ganache layer.
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until fully melted, stirring in between until smooth.
- Spread over chilled mini cheesecakes.
- You can use all semisweet chocolate chips, half semisweet & half milk chocolate, or all milk chocolate. Just depends on how much sweet you want the ganache to be. I use do 1/4 cup semisweet and 1/4 cup milk.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins