One of my all-time favorite brownies. Rich, decadent and so, so delicious!
- 2 (1 oz) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-n-half (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Green food coloring
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk (or regular milk is fine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line with foil or parchment paper an 8×8 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium size bowl mix the beaten eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add flour and chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, half-n-half, peppermint extract and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth, add green food coloring and stir until combined. Spread evenly over cooled brownie layer.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and evaporated milk. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Pour over mint layer, spread evenly. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars