Mint Oreo Ice Cream Dessert starts with a layer of crushed up Mint Oreos, then mint chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge sauce and Cool Whip. It’s fantastic and the perfect summertime dessert.
This Mint Oreo Ice Cream Dessert is kind of one of those no-brainer, not-really-a-recipe, kind of recipes. You catching my drift here? Super simple to make and can be made days ahead of time if needed.
We are ice cream fanatics at our house, so any dessert involving ice cream always scores big. I actually tried making this weeks ago, but neglected to tell my boys to leave the Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream alone because it was for a dessert, and well, you can probably guess what happened.
We happen to also be an Oreo-loving household so, of course, anything with Oreos ranks right up there at the top of our favorites list.Not a fan of mint? This is so adaptable to any flavor. Just use regular Oreos instead and any flavor of ice cream you’d like . .cookies & cream, chocolate peanut butter, cookie dough, etc., whatever your little heart desires. Just make sure you use a good quality ice cream. You can use your favorite store-bought hot fudge sauce or homemade. I use my homemade fudge sauce, but like I said, use store-bought is fine if you’d like.
While we’re still enjoying (or not so much enjoying) these hot summer days we have left, this dessert is the perfect thing to make!
- 1/2 gallon container of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, softened
- 1 pkg. Mint Oreo cookies
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Using a food processor, pulse the Oreos into coarse crumbs (or you can put them in a gallon-size Ziploc bag and use a rolling-pin to pound the cookies into coarse crumbs).
- Lightly butter a 9×9 pan and pread a little more than half of the crushed cookies over the bottom of the pan. Carefully spoon the mint ice cream over the top of the crushed Oreos, spreading it as evenly as you can.
- Spread the hot fudge sauce over the top of the ice cream.
- Carefully spread the Cool Whip over the top of the hot fudge layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining Oreo pieces over the top. Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, cut into squares and drizzle with more hot fudge sauce if desired.
- Category: Desserts
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker