These Mint Sandwich Stuffed Sugar Cookies are such a fun, delicious cookie to bake for holiday cookie exchanges. They’re simple to make and taste amazing!
♡ 12 DAYS OF SUGAR – DAY 4 ♡
Day 4 of my 12 Days of Sugar! How do Mint Sandwich Stuffed Sugar Cookies sound? I feel like cookies are the quintessential Christmas treat to make, so I wanted to make sure and include several new cookie recipes in this year’s 12 Days of Sugar.
These little treasures are going to be the star of your Christmas cookie platter or any cookie exchange you might be lucky enough to go to.
A simple, delicious basic sugar cookie dough wrapped around a mint sandwich. . . hell-o yumminess!
It’s like mint sandwiches and sugar cookies had a sweet, delicious love child. And while it might not be the most beautiful baby, it’s quite heavenly and delicious. One bite of the tender cookie and chocolatey melted goodness and it will be your favorite child.
I forgot to take a few step by step photos, but managed to snag one before the cookies were all rolled and baked. This will give you an idea of what they will look like before you wrap the dough around the mint sandwich.
Can I use another kind of mint?
I have loved Fernwood Mints since I was a kid so naturally they were my first choice when deciding to make these cookies. But if you can’t find Fernwood Mint sandwiches, you can use Andes Crème de Menthe thins or the Andes Peppermint Crunch thins.
Here is what you’ll need:
The lineup of ingredients for these cookies is simple, and you probably already have everything in your kitchen (well, maybe not the mint sandwiches). 😉
- Vanilla extract
- Baking power & salt
- Mint sandwiches
If you haven’t started your holiday baking, add these to your list. Simple, delightful and delicious!
Mint Sandwich Stuffed Sugar Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (loosely scooped and leveled off)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 Fernwood Mint Sandwiches
- Extra granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well until a dough forms (it will be thick).
- Scoop dough balls and flatten into a disc. Place a mint sandwich in the middle and fold edges up around and roll dough into a ball around the mint.
- Roll in granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, do not overbake! The tops of cookies will look underbaked and the bottoms will barely be golden brown, that’s what you want. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Served from Scratch
Leave a Reply