- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (loosely scooped and leveled off)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 Fernwood Mint Sandwiches
- Extra granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well until a dough forms (it will be thick).
- Scoop dough balls and flatten into a disc. Place a mint sandwich in the middle and fold edges up around and roll dough into a ball around the mint.
- Roll in granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, do not overbake! The tops of cookies will look underbaked and the bottoms will barely be golden brown, that’s what you want. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins