- 25 Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (salted or unsalted is fine)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 quart coffee ice cream (or any flavor you like)
- Put the Oreos in a food processor or blender and grind into fine crumbs. (You do not need to remove the filling from the Oreos.) Also, you could also place the Oreos in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You want fine crumbs, so this way might take a little longer.
- Pour the Oreo crumbs to a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and chocolate, stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, mixing until combined. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and let is gently boil/simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. (It will be fairly thick.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside to cool.
ASSEMBLING THE PIE:
- Spoon about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom of the crust. Spread evenly.
- Spoon the softened ice cream into the pie plate and spread carefully and evenly (I like using an offset spatula).
- Put pie plate back into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- pie from freezer and spread the remaining fudge sauce on top. Sprinkle with crushed Oreos (if desired) and place back in freezer for several hours before serving.
- Category: Desserts