- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 jar (13 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup butter, melted, see notes
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan (10×15) and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add cocoa, flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 18 to 20 mins. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
- Remove from oven let cool completely. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled cake.
- Make the frosting and pour and spread evenly.
- In a medium size sauce pan, melt butter over low heat, let cool slightly. Add cocoa, evaporated milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined and smooth (I use my hand mixer).
- Pour over cake and spread evenly.
- When I’m trying to be a little “healthier”, I do on occasion only use one stick of butter instead of two in the frosting, but either way the frosting is sinful!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
- Cuisine: American