This Mississippi Pot Roast may very well be the most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! With only 5 ingredients thrown into your slow cooker, it doesn’t get easier or taste better!
I can’t even begin to tell you how glad I am it’s Friday. It’s been a busy, emotional, exhausting week and I am definitely in the need of some delicious comfort food about now.
Maybe that’s why I’m finally getting around to sharing the recipe for this amazing Mississippi Pot Roast. . . it is true comfort food.
I’ve made this several times now and each time we are blown away at how spectacular it is.
It might possibly be the best pot roast I’ve ever eaten! Now I absolutely love my tried and true slow cooker pot roast that I’ve been making for years, but this Mississippi Pot Roast might just be my new favorite.
Not only is this Mississippi Pot Roast insanely delicious, but it is completely simple to make.
Even my sister-in-law Becky who claims she is no Betty Crocker could make this (love you Bec!!) It’s as simple as putting a chuck roast, water, ranch dressing mix, au jus gravy mix, butter, and some jarred pepperoncini peppers in your slow cooker. Easy peasy!
Mississippi Pot Roast
- Total Time: 485 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- 1 chuck roast (3–4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 6–8 tablespoons butter (depending on how naughty you’re feeling)
- 5 to 6 pepperoncini peppers
- Place water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers and the stick of butter on top of the mixes.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours or until roast shreds easily. Discard pepperoncini peppers and serve gravy over meat with mashed potatoes if desired.
- I’ve seen recipes for this that call for unsalted butter and some that call for salted. I’ve tried it with both and we love it best using the salted butter, but use whichever you prefer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 480 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Pinterest (just can’t remember which site, I think it was a couple different sites and I made a few minor adjustments)
I made this for dinner tonight and it was to die for! I also made the gravy (I’ve never done that before sadly!) and I don’t know if any other gravy will ever compare. The little kick to it was so good!
So happy to hear you loved this. You’re right, it is to die for!! Thanks Mel!
Lori West says
One of our Sunday favorites!
I love Mississippi pot roast! I just got an Instant Pot and was wondering if you’ve ever tried making this in the Instant Pot? Do you have a cook-time recommendation for Instant Pot? Thanks!
I haven’t cooked a roast in my Instant Pot yet Stephanie, but most recipes I’ve looked at have you cook it on high pressure and use the manual setting for 70 minutes. You can google it to double check. Let me know how it turns out.
I made this recipe and loved it. I won’t make my pot roast any other way from now on! Thank you, Jodi, for always helping me improve my way of cooking. You’re the best!