Chewy, soft and deliciously crispy edges, these M&M Cowboy Cookies are packed with so much yumminess. . . coconut, Rice Krispies, chocolate chips and M&M’s. You can’t go wrong with these babies.
I’m sure you’ve all of heard of cowboy cookies, but just in case you haven’t let me tell you a little bit about them. They’re basically a classic chocolate chip cookie with a lot of goodness going on inside of them.
They are full of coconut, Rice Krispies (or Cornflakes), nuts (optional), and chocolate chips. I went one step further added mini M&M’s to mine, thus making them M&M Cowboy Cookies. I have no idea how or why these cookies got their name, but I’m just going with it.
If you like chewy cookies, you are going to love the coconut in these cookies. It makes them extra chewy which if you ask me, is the perfect compliment to the crunch of the Rice Krispies and M&M’s.Now the dough is crazy good and I think I came close to eating my weight in cookie dough. One more thing, while I love, love, love warm cookies, I actually prefer eating these once they’ve completely cool because then you fully experience the chewiness and the crispy edges.
M&M Cowboy Cookies
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 0 about 2 1/2 dozen 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (or Cornflakes will work too)
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I use half milk & half semi-sweet)
- 1 1/4 cups miniature M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk and mix well. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix until just combined. Add the Rice Krispies, coconut, and chocolate chips and mix well. Finally, add the mini M&M’s and stir in gently by hand (the M&M’s are so tiny and fragile, they break too easily if you mix them in with your mixer) .
- Scoop the dough onto lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Let cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: Cookie Dough Base adapted from King Arthur Flour
These sound amazing!!! You are so creative and make th best cookies!!
Thank you Brittany!
These look so good. I will be trying these soon!
Hey Linda, you’re going to love these cookies! Let me know if you make them.
Jodi, I’m brand new to your blog, but I made these cookies and have to give them a five star review!! They are absolutely perfect. Your blog looks amazing – I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me to peruse all of your recipes!
Hi Jacqui! I’m so happy you found my blog and that you loved the cowboy cookies. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. I hope you find lots of recipes that you love. Welcome!❤️
Clarice Brown says
Can I use dark brown sugar in these?
Yes you can use dark brown sugar Clarice.