I’ve kind of been on a granola kick lately so when I saw this over at Something Swanky I was sold. You all know what a cookie/ cookie dough lover I am and I love granola, so this one was a no brainer.
I made it and had it ready for my boys when they got home from school yesterday. They loved it, my husband loved it and of course, I loved it. It’s delicious and pretty much impossible to stop at just one handful.
It’s so quick to throw together . . .easy peasy! The only thing I would do different next time is double the recipe because it didn’t last long.Print
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ((I used chunky))
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon liner.
- Put the honey and the peanut butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 -45 seconds, until peanut butter is a little melted. Whisk until smooth and then stir in vanilla.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the oats, making sure the oats are evenly coated. Gently stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Crumble into bite sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Something Swanky