No-bake treats seem to be happening in my kitchen lately. These Monster Cookie No-Bake Bars happened the other day and more no-bake treats will most likely be happening even more now.
The reason? I pre-ordered the cookbook N0-Bake Treats and it came last week. I’ve been going bonkers over it, completely salivating over every single recipe/picture. I can’t take my head out of the dang cookbook. It’s one of those cookbooks where I want to make Every. Single. Recipe. Now I don’t know about you, but during the hot summer months, some days the thought of turning on my oven and heating up the kitchen is a little unbearable. So this new cookbook is going to come in really handy.
It was torture trying to decide which recipe to make first.I could say I decided on these Monster Cookie No-Bake bars because I had everything to make them, buuut, really it’s because of my love for cookie dough! I knew making them meant I could sneak a few bites of the dough before pressing it into the pan.
Filled with oats, peanut butter, M&M’s (I used regular and peanut butter, YUM!) and then topped with a chocolate ganache. . . oh my these are good! These are fabulous at room temp, but I loved them even more chilled. Super simple to make and loved by everyone (at least everyone in my house!).Print
- 1/2 cup butter (, softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup M&M’s
- 8 oz (about 1 heaping cup) chocolate chips (I used about 1/4 cup semi-sweet and 3/4 cup milk chocolate)
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup M&M’s
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add the flour and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate. Slowly add the oats, 1 cup at a time. Carefully fold in the M&M’s using a wood spoon or spatula. Evenly press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
To make the topping
- combined the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until the chocolate begins to melt. When the chocolate has melted, stir vigorously until it’s smooth. Pour over the top of the cookie dough bars, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup M&M’s. Once the ganache has cooled, put them in the fridge so the ganache can set up.
- When ready to cut, lift sides of parchment paper out of the pan and cut into bars. Store in fridge or at room temp.
I used half regular M&M’s and half Peanut Butter M&M’s in the cookie dough base and we loved it! Also, after melting the chocolate and stirring vigorously, I found my chocolate still clumpy and not smooth, I added a little bit more cream, and kept stirring and it finally went smooth and glossy. Just in case this happens to you, you’ll know what to do to fix the problem.
Recipe Source: No-Bake Treats Cookbook
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven