These Monster Cookies are gooey, chocolatey and insanely good!! Chock full of mini M&M’s, oatmeal and chocolate chips, you’d never guess they have have no flour or butter.
I made these Monster Cookies (with no flour OR butter!!!) months ago and fell completely in love with them. I’ve made them so many times since finding the recipe, but for some reason never took pictures or when I went to, they were gone.
Fortunately for you I finally took some pics and made a video of them, so it’s your lucky day.
Now please don’t cringe and turn away when you see that the dough needs to be chilled. I know, I know, it’s sometimes a pain in the butt because when you’re making cookies you want them now and not in three or four hours.
I’m sorry, but chilling the dough is crucial here my friends because there is no flour in these cookies and cold cookie dough means the cookies won’t spread and be all paper flat.So please accept my apologies, but these cookies are totally worth the chill time. You can always make the dough the night before let it hang out in the fridge overnight, like I have many times.
Now if you’re wanting a cookie that is crispy and firm, then these aren’t what your looking for.
These monster cookies are gooey, soft and chewy. We love them warm out of the oven, cooled to room temp and even frozen (sooo good!).
These are perfect if you’re looking for something gluten-free because as long as you use gluten free oats, then you’ve got a completely fabulous gluten-free cookie right here.Oh, and talk about easy peasy to make. One bowl is all you need! You guys will love these.
One more thing, promise me you’ll take a bite (or two) of the dough, it’s cookie dough heaven!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Mini M&Ms
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in the oats, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Then add the M&Ms and chocolate chips and mix well until combined. (Dough will be thick and on the sticky side, don’t worry)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before baking.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Scoop dough on prepared baking sheet to form about two-tablespoon mounds. Place at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges are set. (It’s okay if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center., you don’t want to overbake them).
- While baking, keep remaining dough back in the refrigerator until the previous batch is done.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for approximately 7-8 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: What Molly Made