- 1 pkg. ((17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar mix)
- 1 stick butter (, softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 14–16 craft sticks ((Popsicle sticks))
- Homemade buttercream frosting OR use 1
- container ((12 oz) vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting)
- Neon liquid food coloring
- Assorted candies for decorating (, such as candy sprinkles, marshmallows, black licorice, red licorice ropes, runts, sweetarts, candy eyes, etc.)
- NOTE: You could use any flavor cookie dough you want and if you would rather make homemade cookie dough, go for it. I just absolutely love the Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix, they are so good and so fast and easy to make. I actually had someone ask me for my recipe when I took them some. The Pillsbury website I saw these on actually used peanut butter cookie dough, so use whatever you’d like.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar cookie mix, butter, egg and flour. Mix until well combined. Scoop out into balls about golf ball size. On lined cookie sheets, arrange 7 cookie dough balls in circle 3 inches apart and 2 inches from edge. Securely insert 1 craft stick into each ball, with end pointing toward center of cookie sheet. Repeat with another cookie sheet and remaining 7 cookie dough balls. (You may have a little dough leftover to make a couple more, so you can either bake a third cookie sheet or try and squeeze one more on the cookie sheets).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or edges barely begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling, if using your own buttercream, go ahead and get it made and then divide the frosting among 4 bowls. Add food coloring to frosting in bowls to make desired colors. Frost cookie pops; decorate with icing and candies as desired to form monster faces.
- Category: Cookies