These Monte Cristo sliders are delicious, simple and definitely a crowd pleaser. Perfect for a brunch, a simple weeknight meal, or any kind of party.
If you’ve never had one, you’re definitely missing out. It’s basically ham, turkey and cheese sandwiched between two slices of french toast with a dusting of powdered sugar and dipped in jam. They are so good and I can’t believe I’ve never posted them before. I will one of these days, but for now, how about these Monte Cristo Sliders? Every bit as delicious as a Monte Cristo, just in miniature size and minus the “french toast” part.
Fast and so easy to make. These start with sweet Hawaiian rolls with a slice of turkey and ham piled on top.
Top with some provolone and havarti cheese.A nice spoonful of raspberry preserves.Then the top with a generous slather of a sweet butter mixture.
- 12 slices deli turkey
- 12 slices honey ham
- 3 slices Provolone cheese (cut in fourths)
- 3 slices havarti cheese (cut in fourths)
- Raspberry preserves (or strawberry)
- 1 12- pack Original King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Slice rolls open and place bottom of rolls in baking dish. Fold 1 thin slice of turkey and 1 thin slice of ham onto each sandwich. Top with a piece of provolone and havarti cheese. (more if desired). Place a heaping spoonful of raspberry preserves on top of cheese and top with other side of roll.
- On stove top, melt the butter. Add sugar whisk until sugar is dissolved.. Brush on top of sandwiches, covering entire top of sandwich. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes covered and then remove for and bake 5 more minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
If your slices of cheese are smaller and cutting them into fourths makes them pretty small, just use a few more slices and maybe cut them into thirds. It doesn’t have to be exact. You can even put more cheese on if you’d like.
Recipe Source: Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything