No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are a simple, delicious, no bake treat that everyone is going to love. Little clusters of ooey, gooey peanut buttery cornflake goodness are perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn your oven on.
Our A/C has been out since Friday and is hopefully getting fixed today. Thankfully it happened while the temps here have cooled off slightly, instead of a couple weeks ago when we were hitting triple digits. Even though it’s been bearable in my house, I’ve still avoided turning my oven on because WHY would I want to add any extra heat?
Thank goodness for treats like these No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies.
Raise your hand if you’re like me and think no bake recipes are the best, especially in the summertime!
These cookies are basically scotcheroos in drop cookie form without the melted chocolate on top. Simple, delicious and highly addicting. These are a cinch to make, even your kiddos could make them. All you need is five simple ingredients. They’re made right on the stove top and are ready in about five minutes.
I promise the whole family won’t be able to get enough of them!
ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!
- Cornflakes – These give the cookies that bit of crunch.
- Peanut butter – I always use creamy, but if you wanted a little extra crunch, you could use crunchy. Natural peanut butter would probably work as long as it isn’t runny.
- Sugar – Obviously adds the sweetness to these cookies.
- Corn syrup – This helps give the cookies that delicious chewy texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE COOKIES.
- Be sure to take the mixture off the stovetop as soon as you see small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. This will ensure your cookies will turn out soft and gooey rather than hard and crunchy. You don’t want to bring this to a full boil!
- Gently fold the Cornflakes into the peanut butter mixture so the Cornflakes don’t get too crushed.
- As soon as the the cereal is mixed in, quickly scoop the cookies onto a piece of wax or parchment paper before it starts to set in the pan.
- If you want to “fancy” these cookies up a bit, you could drizzle them with melted chocolate or put some sprinkles on top.
I’m pretty sure this recipe has been around forever, and for good reason. It’s tried and true. People have made and loved these cookies for generations and they still continue to be a favorite.
But on the off chance that you’ve never had these cookies, you really should stop what you’re doing and make them now. You won’t have an ounce of regret, I promise.
Enjoy and stay cool!Print
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups corn flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until you see bubbles beginning to form around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add corn flakes and gently fold in until evenly coated in sugar mixture.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop cookies onto parchment or wax paper. *Do this quickly before the mixture starts to cool and harden.
- Let cool on wax paper for 15 to 20 minutes before eating.
- When completely cooled, store in an airtight container or sealed Ziploc bag and keep at room temperature.