No Samoa Girl Scout cookies left at your house? Don’t worry, this dessert will take care of any Samoa cookie cravings you might have! It’s full of caramel, cookies, coconut and chocolate and it’s so simple to make.
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs (about 20 Oreos, leave filling in the Oreos)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Filling and Topping:
- 1 cup coconut flakes, divided
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1/4 cup mini chic chips for topping
- Additional caramel sauce for topping
- Chocolate sauce for topping (I used Hershey’s)
- Spread coconut in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Watch it closely!!! (Or you can apread coconut onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. I prefer the stovetop method, it’s a little faster.) Set aside to cool.
- Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sugars and extracts in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in 3/4 cup of coconut flakes, vanilla wafer pieces and 1/4 cup caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture.
- Add Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the batter to crust, drizzle with a little of the remaining caramel sauce and gently swirl a few times with a knife. Spread another 1/3 of the filling and drizzle a little caramel, swirl with a knife. Spriead remaining 1/3 of the filling and drizzle with remaining caramel, swirl gently with a knife.
- Smooth out the top of the cheesecake. Top cheesecake with remaining 1/4 cup coconut flakes, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate until firm, 4-5 hours.
- Lora Doone cookies could also be used in place of the Nilla Wafers.
- Make sure you refrigerate this for at least 5 hours, or even longer is better.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours chill time
- Category: Desserts