- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon until a “shaggy” mixture forms. Don’t over-work the dough. It will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough ball to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise.
- When the dough is ready, place a Dutch oven into your oven and turn it on to 450°F. Let the Dutch oven warm-up for about 30 minutes.
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface and with floured hands, fold the edges in on itself several times. Turn the dough over and begin forming it into a nice ball with a smooth surface.
- Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, then dust the top with flour and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to score an “X” into the top of the dough.
- Carefully remove the heated Dutch oven and place the parchment paper and dough inside.
- Replace lid and bake for 30 minutes covered. After 30 minutes, carefully remove the lid and bake for 8-15 minutes more, uncovered.
- Carefully remove bread to a cutting board and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut using a good bread knife.
- P.S. Try not to eat the entire loaf!
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breads