- 2 cups all-purpose flour (level cups, unsifted, not packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Oil (for cooking, about 1 to 2 tablespoons is all)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and milk and heat on low just until butter is melted. Remove pan from heat and add the flour and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour then knead for a few minutes until it is smooth (this doesn’t take very long). Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky. (You want it super soft, but not sticky )
- Wrap with plastic wrap and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Dust bench top with flour, cut dough into 4 pieces, roll into balls, then roll out into about 1/8″ thick.
- Dip a pastry brush in the oil and spread over the bottom of a non stick pan with it. Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Place one flatbread in the pan, cook for around 1- 1 1/2 minutes – it should bubble up, then flip and cook the other side, pressing down gently if it begins to puff.
- Stack the cooked bread and keep wrapped with a lightly damp towel (I just use a spray bottle of water and give a towel a few squirts.
- Cook remaining pieces the same way. Eat anyway you please! It’s soooo good!
- Category: Breads