I’m writing this post while going on zero hours of sleep in the last 40 hours. So if I begin to slur my words, spell things incorrectly or just flat out don’t make sense, then please don’t judge. I’m just a weeee bit tired. I helped at my son’s all-night graduation party last night. It was an adventure, and might I just add that teenage boys singing karaoke at 3:00 AM is hilarious.
You know what else is hilarious? Me sitting here typing trying to keep my eyes open. So let’s just cut to the chase because I’m already way late in getting this post up.
These oatmeal butterscotch blondies are the bomb! I always seem to forget how much I love butterscotch chips until I bake with them. The dough is incredibly delicious and should be kept far away if you have a cookie dough addiction like I do.
These are gooey, rich and incredibly good. You really should try these.
Ok, now I’m going to bed. Good night.Print
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3.4) ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 pkg. butterscotch chips
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add vanilla and pudding mix. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Stir in oatmeal and mix until well combined. Stir in butterscotch chips and coconut.
- Place a generous piece of tin foil with enough to hang over the sides of a 9X13 inch pan. (So you can pull it out of the pan after it has been baked.) Spray the tin foil and pour the batter into the pan. Pat down so it is even along all sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. You don’t want to over bake this. Bake just until center is set, but still gooey. Cool in pan and then take it out of the pan with the tin foil. Cut into bars.
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at : Buns In My Oven