If I was staying true to my “pattern of posting recipes”, I really should be posting a recipe for a main dish/dinner recipe. But, since it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind, I’m doing just that. I just had to because I couldn’t wait a second longer to share these cookies with you.
The other day I baked an orange & coconut glazed zucchini bundt cake that was delicious (I’ll share that recipe soon), it should have satisfied my sweet tooth . . . it didn’t.
I blame it on the fact that the temps are cooling off and we are just days away from it officially being fall. Fall equals baking, right? I decided I needed cookie dough, so I made cookies, but not just any cookies, I wanted something that screamed “fall” when you ate it and this is what I came up with. Forgive me for the long title, I know it’s a mouthful, but I wanted you to know all you were getting in this cookie. These cookies were amazing! They were crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside with melted Caramel Apple Milky Way oozing throughout. If you haven’t tried the Caramel Apple Milky Way minis, you really should. Hopefully you can find them. I know once they hit the store shelves, they tend to disappear quickly.
I sent some of these to my sister-in-law and these were her words in a text she sent me “Those cookies are the perfect taste of fall! They are so yummy I don’t want to share.” Thanks Mindy!
They really are delicious. I hope you try them.
One more thing, last week when I posted my raspberry chicken recipe, I promised another “long-lost” recipe I should have shared a long time ago, I didn’t quite get that one posted this week, but I promise I will next week so don’t forget to check because you will love it.Print
Oatmeal Caramel Apple White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening ((I know it’s not butter, but trust me))
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1/2 heaping cup of chopped caramel apple milky way minis ((Cut in half))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together shortening and sugars. Add egg, vanilla and milk and mix well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in oatmeal, mix until well combined.
- Add caramel bits, chopped milky way candy bar and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Category: Cookies
Leave a Reply